“Only we humans make waste that nature cannot digest” Captain Charles Moore

Thursday 18 April 2013

Plastic-Free Reads


One of my new-year resolutions for 2013 was to read more. I have since been busy reading books on all things (currently reading game of thrones). Part of my promise is to read books that will further my knowledge as well as entertain. I have made a list below of books on the issues surrounding plastics.

So here’s what plan to read on plastic pollution/living plastic-free. I have listed them in the order I wish to read. I have managed to finish the first one and made a start on the second (until I got distracted by A Feast For Crows, and fitness books by Michelle Bridges).


1. Plastiki Across the Pacific on Plastic: An Adventure to Save Our Oceans (2011)
By David de Rothschild

 


2. Plastic Ocean: How a Sea Captain's Chance Discovery Launched a Determined Quest to Save the Oceans (2012)

By (author) Charles Moore, with Cassandra Phillips




3. Plastic: A Toxic Love Story (2011) 

By Susan Freinkel




4. The Story of Stuff: The Impact of Overconsumption on the Planet, Our Communities, and Our Health-And How We Can Make It Better (2011)
By Annie Leonard


5. Plastic-Free: How I Kicked the Plastic Habit and How You Can Too (2012)

By Beth Terry





What Books are you currently reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment